Community Discussion · Tracks

Wanyou Wujie Public Beta: Is Multi-Agent Collaboration Like Managing a Project Team?

Kevin_GuKevin_GuSep 22026/09/02 59 views

I spent the weekend tinkering with Wanyou Wujie and hit quite a few pitfalls. It's an enterprise-level Human-Agent collaboration platform recently launched in public beta by Alibaba Cloud. Public beta means open registration for testing, not formal commercial use. I generally translate Agent as "digital assistant," capable of working according to roles, calling models and tools. After registering a personal account, the web entry point is relatively light, mainly for creating collaboration spaces. I wanted to compare it with a single AI assistant to see where the differences lie.

I ran common small tasks for multinational teams: organizing overseas customer feedback into requirement documents, interface impact assessments, and test cases. First, I tried a single assistant, throwing in the goal directly. It quickly spat out three blocks of content. The advantage is speed, like a smart intern giving a "seemingly deliverable" draft in minutes. The disadvantages are also obvious. As context grows longer, "European customers" in requirements gets written as "overseas customers," the interface assessment missed time zones, and test cases referenced unconfirmed fields.

Switching to Wanyou Wujie, I created a collaboration group, selected the open Qwen3.8-Max model (Alibaba's latest flagship model), and set up Product, Engineering, and Testing roles, aiming for a one-shot delivery of the trio. The first attempt wasn't smooth; it got stuck because I hadn't written acceptance criteria. The Product Agent and Engineering Agent kept paraphrasing each other, resulting in repetitive output, like two teams politely kicking the ball around. Later, I added a note specifying who was responsible for original documents, technical dependencies, and case numbering, and it started looking decent. The whole run took about twenty minutes, producing three drafts. The interface showed what each role received and replied.

The surprise wasn't "AI is smarter," but that collaboration was broken down into visible steps. From an organizational perspective, this feels more like leading a virtual project team than using a single assistant; responsibility boundaries start becoming tangible. But the shortcomings are clear too. Role configuration isn't beginner-friendly, default prompts are too light, and I didn't deeply test enterprise permissions, auditing, or data isolation, so I can't conclude based only on the web interface. DingTalk integration is reportedly launching soon; currently, the experience feels light. My conclusion is to recommend it depending on the situation. It suits teams with some process awareness wanting to break down complex projects; it's not suitable for those expecting one-click delivery of critical business.

The value of multi-Agent collaboration isn't in the buzz, but in whether task boundaries can be verified. Team growth is important; tools just make collaboration explicit. One final question: As AI breaks tasks down into finer details, should we train people to use Agents well, or train Agents to adapt to human processes?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Jin Xiujie

Wait, isn't this related to permission settings? I almost crashed last week using WorkBuddy because I didn't configure permissions correctly. Beginners really can't handle this kind of multi-Agent collaboration; just adjusting role divisions takes half a day. It's a dealbreaker.