
Don't Rush to Bulk Publish; Use WorkBuddy as a Safety Valve First
Recently, I saw a special topic on "Online Batch Processing" in cross-border navigation guides, and sellers discussing Amazon UK's new batch tool that allows modifying multiple ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers) simultaneously using Excel templates. My first reaction was: Is there an alternative? I've been using Shopify for a month, syncing with WeChat Mini Programs and Xianyu (Idle Fish). Can I use WorkBuddy to hold things together first?
After using WorkBuddy for about a month, let me say something counter-intuitive: The most dangerous thing about batch processing isn't slowness, it's speed.
Let me calculate the savings. A single pricing error doesn't save two hours; it brings customer service issues, refunds, and platform appeals all at once. One person doing the work of five fears batch errors the most.
Step 1: Open WorkBuddy, throw in three tables for a field health check
The tables exported from the three backends have different names. Field mapping aligns the same column across different tables. For example, what Shopify calls SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), the Mini Program calls Product Code, and Xianyu calls Item Number. The primary key is the unique identifier for a data row, usually SKU plus Platform.
Path: Open WorkBuddy → New Project "Pre-Batch Platform Product Health Check" → Upload Shopify product table, WeChat Mini Program product table, and Xianyu active listings. CSV or Excel works; CSV is Comma-Separated Values. I usually save as .xlsx.
Then type in the input box: Please read the three tables, use SKU/Product Code/Item Number as primary keys, and output a field mapping table, duplicate SKUs, empty prices, inventory anomalies, and missing titles.
After running, I see a master table, an anomaly table, and a pending confirmation table. I fix four key parameters:
- Primary Key: SKU + Platform. Do not use product name alone.
- Null Values: Empty price, inventory, or title goes directly to the anomaly table.
- Duplicates: If the same SKU appears multiple times, keep the one with the latest update time.
- Output: Separate master, anomaly, and pending confirmation tables.
This step isn't about making charts or writing copy. It scans the dirtiest tables first. Previously, matching tables manually in Excel took me about a night. With WorkBuddy, I get a draft in ten-plus minutes. I still review manually, but low-level errors are much fewer.
Step 2: Before batch price changes, use WorkBuddy as a brake
Recently, seeing discussions on batch processing in the cross-border circle, some say you can apply changes to multiple ASINs via Excel templates. My understanding is: the stronger the batch action, the harder the rollback.
I add one extra step. Before any batch upload of prices, inventory, or titles, I have WorkBuddy perform a before-and-after comparison.
Path: Open WorkBuddy → Enter the "Pre-Batch Platform Product Health Check" project → Upload "Current Backend Export Table" and "Table Prepared for Batch Modification" → Input command: Compare the two tables by SKU, listing records where price changes exceed 20%, inventory goes from positive to zero, titles are cleared, or platform fields mismatch. Only output anomalies; do not generate new copy.
I take the resulting anomaly table directly to verify in the backend. For example, last week I prepared to change prices on both Shopify and the Mini Program. WorkBuddy caught two SKUs where the price changed from 89 to 8.9 due to a decimal point shift. Let me calculate the savings: losing eighty per order, ten orders mean eight hundred lost.
I also set permissions conveniently. I'm a solo operator, but friends occasionally help check the backend. If the project supports sharing, I set the raw export tables to read-only, allow comments on the anomaly table, and restrict editing of the final confirmation table to myself only. My environment is a single-person shop, so this may not apply to all teams. If you have customer service staff, I suggest they only view "After-sales Risk Investigation" and cannot see purchase prices or refund reason notes.
I've standardized daily operations:
- Export orders and products from all three platforms every evening before leaving work.
- Have WorkBuddy clean up duplicate tables and old versions every Friday.
- Keep a "Pre-Batch Snapshot" before every batch upload.
- I just started using WeChat Customer Service a few days ago and haven't fully integrated it yet, but I manually import order anomalies into the same table for now.
Online batch tools aren't unusable; just don't go in naked. For me, WorkBuddy isn't a chat box or an image generator; it's the main gate before batch actions. Manage headers, primary keys, anomalies, and permissions first, then talk about speed. We'll see later.
Physix Frontier