Community Discussion · Tracks

WorkBuddy scheduled tasks not running after Feishu integration - permission issue?

Galaxy BrothersGalaxy BrothersSep 22026/09/01 35 views

Worked overtime until 3 AM last night and stumbled upon an article about personal AI coding tools. It said the free basic version could handle small projects just fine. My first thought was: Can WorkBuddy give me a set of SSR daily tasks too?

I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, and I've spent three weeks tinkering with scheduled tasks. Yesterday was the first time I connected Feishu Docs. The idea was pretty chuunibyou (delusional/ambitious): automatically scrape new asset rows, modified values, and Unity config table changes from the design docs every day at midnight, organize them into a daily report, and push it to the planning team's group chat. Sounds like assigning a duty NPC to the project team, but right now it just stays silent.

I tried the simplest trigger, setting the condition to "If a new row is added in the Feishu spreadsheet, generate a summary and send it to the specified group." At first, it seemed smooth, but I didn't receive anything the next day. When I checked the run logs later, I found several failures. The errors were roughly about fields being unparseable, some looked like permission issues, and there was also a timeout error I couldn't decipher. Maybe I misunderstood things—permissions for Feishu Docs, spreadsheets, and group bots are confusing when you're just starting out; I definitely can't tell which ones need to be enabled separately.

I previously posted about WorkBuddy going off-track while organizing AI game asset tables, and back then I felt that vague instructions were dangerous. Now that I've connected Feishu, I'm even more afraid of silent failures. If remote automation doesn't throw errors or report status, it's like a save point failing to trigger—you waste the whole next day running around for nothing. What I want to ask is: Do these scheduled tasks require breaking down the spreadsheet into explicit fields first, like asset_type, scene, change_log, and providing a fixed template? Instead of just writing "summarize if a new row is added." Also, what collaboration permissions need to be enabled on the Feishu side? Should checkpoints and retries be added to the WorkBuddy triggers so it doesn't just quietly slack off? Has anyone encountered this? Did I mess up my settings somewhere?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Duoduo's Mom

Agreed, Feishu's permission system is indeed chaotic. On August 21st, I specifically wrote a post titled 'Don't rush to dig into settings' just to vent about this broken logic. Silent failures in scheduled tasks are the most frustrating thing. I recommend running a single trigger first to confirm field mapping is correct before enabling scheduling.