
WorkBuddy Loses Formatting When Converting Weekly Reports and Progress Tables to PPT – Anyone Else Encountered This?
It's evening at the project department, and the AC isn't working well. I scrolled past an inventory of 2026 office software mentioning tools that can directly generate PPTs from Word, Excel, and PDF, claiming to recognize workplace terminology. I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, mainly to help organize quantity calculation tables, but this is my first time making a report PPT.
My goal is very plain: dump the project department's weekly reports, safety patrol records, and a few Excel progress tables into WorkBuddy, letting it automatically produce a version for the client. I tried several times. First, I created a folder, put all files in, then selected "Convert Documents to PPT." The result wasn't quite right. Some pages had text crammed together, rebar delivery quantities from Excel were treated as footers, and one table turned into a gray box with a prompt saying "Parsing failed, please check if the file is encrypted or protected." I definitely didn't set a password; these were just .xls and .docx files exported from the site computer.
Later I learned to be smarter: feed in one Word doc at a time, instruct it to "maintain original text generation," and don't let it improvise. This improved things slightly, but tables still tend to get messy. Maybe my description wasn't detailed enough—I only wrote "organize into three parts: project progress, quality, safety," without specifying template font sizes.
Has anyone else encountered this issue? When converting to PPT in WorkBuddy, is it better to convert Excel tables to PDF or images first before importing, or did I miss a setting? Files on site are messy—drawings, notes, handwritten scans—and if it can just stop swallowing tables, that would be fine. Has anyone tried a similar workflow?
Physix Frontier