Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Doesn't Write Viral Posts for You; It Helps Me Run a Self-Media Writing Pipeline While Watching Kids

Xiaoyu's MomXiaoyu's MomSep 12026/09/01 33 views

Conclusion first. I've clicked on those cheap viral hook copywriting kits and AI viral article tutorials on Taobao; the titles are increasingly catchy. But after using WorkBuddy for about a month, I feel its most useful aspect isn't generating viral articles for me, but organizing topic selection, materials, drafts, and platform requirements into a reusable workspace.

My situation is simple. My kid is two years old; I only squeeze out time during naps and after putting him to bed at night. I previously wrote a post about using WorkBuddy to build an AI video side-hustle pipeline and found that once content piles up, phone albums, Xiaohongshu collections, Doubao chats, Kling AI scripts, and photos from baby growth records can bury you. So now I treat WorkBuddy as a Self-Media Writing Workspace, essentially a custom project area in WorkBuddy holding projects, documents, tables, and materials.

Here is my practical path. Open WorkBuddy → Click New on the left → Select Workspace → Name it Mom Side Hustle → Click Add Module → Check Table, Document, File Organization. I created a Topic Library table with fields: Topic, Source, Platform, Status, Material Location, Review. Topic is a one-liner, e.g., "Organized materials while my two-year-old napped"; Source can be Xiaohongshu collection, Doubao chat, or baby growth record; Status is set to To Organize, Ready to Write, Published; Material Location fills in the folder name in WorkBuddy. After saving, you see a horizontal table.

Material archiving is key to saving time. I drag screenshots exported from my phone, voice-to-text transcripts, and storyboard descriptions generated by Kling AI into the File Organization module, select files, click Smart Organize, choose Archive by Theme, and check Keep Original Filenames. I set four tags: Baby Food, Sleep Training, Side Hustle, AI Tools. This step proves you shouldn't be greedy. Initially, I asked it to summarize, change titles, and generate publishing copy simultaneously, resulting in template-like stitching. Later I learned: one thing at a time—archive first, then generate summaries, finally write drafts.

For the drafting step, I create a Topic Card template, breaking a topic into fixed-field mini-documents. In Documents, click New Document → Name it Topic Card Template → Write in a one-line opener, real experience, reproducible steps, platform version, and risk warnings. Each time I pick a row from the Topic Library, click Generate Draft, and in the popup input box write: "Write a Xiaohongshu note based on this material, tone like a mom rambling, no exaggeration, keep real experience." WorkBuddy outputs several versions, but it loves tones like "Sisters, rush in!" I usually keep only the structure and revert the two most human-like sentences to my own phrasing. Multi-platform publishing is troublesome; Xiaohongshu, Zhihu, and Official Account tones and lengths differ—you can't expect one draft to publish directly everywhere.

Collaboration permissions deserve separate mention. Sometimes I ask my husband to help with layout or partners to review topics. I open Collaboration → Click Invite Members → Set partners to Comment Only and husband to Read Only. Raw material folders are set to Private, editable only by me. Before publishing, I only export Markdown or PDF for others to view, not opening the entire workspace. This way, who changed what and who left comments is clear, and the Topic Library status won't get messed up.

Daily maintenance is light. Every night after the kid sleeps, for about ten minutes, I drag new screenshots, chats, and voice transcripts from the day into the To Organize folder and click Auto Classify. On Sundays, I use WorkBuddy's Generate Weekly Report to see which topics are stuck at Ready to Write, which are published, and which materials are duplicates. This action is small but prevents me from collecting useless viral templates again the next day.

So my judgment is: Instead of buying a bunch of viral hook templates, use WorkBuddy first to set up your own real materials, topic status, and drafting process. Sisters, if you want to start a side hustle, tonight while the kid is asleep, you can first create a Topic Library table, throw in three real experiences and three collected topics, and run Smart Organize once. Tools just arrange things neatly; whether it's worth reading still depends on our judgment honed by raising kids.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Chu Hongwen

The field settings for the topic library are quite detailed, but after using it for a week, I found that if the asset location is only roughly specified, you won't be able to find it two days later. Are you storing them locally or linking directly to cloud drives?

Wei Hongwen

Wait, did you list "Doubao chat" as the source for your topic library? I tried throwing mixed data sources into WorkBuddy, and it often generated a bunch of nonsense. Newbies should manually organize the data first before inputting it, otherwise debugging errors alone will be enough to exhaust you...