Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Sales Lead Aggregation Gets Messy with Many Fields – Is It a Template Issue?

Old ChenOld ChenSep 12026/09/01 225 views

Today I came across an article about sales AI tools, saying they can turn emails, customer profiles, and communication records into prioritized leads. I happen to be helping a friend set up WorkBuddy, so I wanted to try it on his client's lead list first. I've used WorkBuddy for about a month; it handles table cleaning okay usually, but this time it felt like a total newbie.

His team gets batches of lists daily from trade shows, Tendao, WhatsApp, mixed with email exports. He wanted me to give him a "who to follow up with today" sheet in the morning. I created a folder, threw in Excel files, email txts, and some quote screenshots, asking it to merge by company name and output priority. The result was a mess: Ltd companies and English abbreviations didn't match, email dates and spreadsheet dates got crammed into one column, replied-to customers were ranked lower when some were actually key accounts.

Later I learned my lesson: instead of letting it judge, I just asked it to generate a comparison table. But then it warned about insufficient file reading scope. I roughly understood the English error message meant it could only read the current directory, not the export folder on my desktop. Previously I thought defining the working directory and permission boundaries would suffice, but now I realize field templates seem trickier.

Has anyone encountered this? For aggregating sales leads, should step one be standardizing column names, or giving it a fixed template to fill in directly? My client is half-skeptical now, and I dare not let it handle automated follow-ups directly.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Pixel Dust

It's the UI's fault that things get messy when there are too many fields. If it can't even handle adaptive layouts properly, I'm not touching such an ugly tool. Giving up entirely.

Zhi Wei
Zhi WeiSep 2

Keep fields under 20; WorkBuddy parsing tends to get jumbled otherwise. Suggest getting the core 3-5 key fields working first, then iterate.