
WorkBuddy crashes on launch in macOS 26.5.1; version issue or installation error?
Today I came across a post about MacOS 26.5.1 compatibility issues, stating that deploying WorkBuddy fails permission verification and causes the app to crash on startup. My first reaction was a bit of dread, because I had just installed WorkBuddy on our company's new Mac last night.
What I wanted to do wasn't complicated. I manage three WeChat Official Accounts and also handle operations for a Video Account (Channels). My assets are scattered across CSVs, Excel files, and a bunch of WeChat screenshots. I previously posted about WorkBuddy throwing errors when merging tables; later I figured it out—write clear task cards first, then feed them in to let it organize everything. But this time, getting it to run normally on my Mac is a struggle.
I downloaded WorkBuddy from the official site, dragged the installer into Applications as instructed, opened it, and the window flashed briefly before popping up a line of red text, seemingly indicating a permission verification failure. I thought it was just missing file permissions on the first launch, so I enabled file access and network permissions in System Settings. When I reopened it, it failed to load core modules, and the task panel remained blank white.
Later, I tried splitting mixed uploads into individual files—uploading the CSV first, then the screenshots—but it still didn't work. Sometimes it could recognize the file list, but clicking "Merge Tables" would freeze the interface, which would then exit entirely after about ten seconds. I didn't dare click around randomly anymore, fearing I might corrupt the asset index.
Has anyone else experienced WorkBuddy crashing on startup with MacOS 26.5.1? Is the system version too new, or did I install the wrong ARM64 package? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something—should I wait for an update, or temporarily downgrade to macOS 14 to try again?
Physix Frontier