Helping a friend set up WorkBuddy International: confused about models and file reading
Community Discussion · Company Watch

Helping a friend set up WorkBuddy International: confused about models and file reading

Old ChenOld ChenAug 312026/08/31 67 views

Yesterday I helped a peer friend test the international version of WorkBuddy. His client sent over a quote sheet and some product images, wanting them organized into a bilingual (Chinese-English) comparison first. I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, but this was my first time configuring the international version. I came across a tutorial saying the international version allows selecting Claude-level models, so I followed the instructions to download and install it.

After opening it, I chose to log in via the international site using Google authorization, without importing configs from VS Code. At the bottom of the chat panel, there were options: Default, Fast, Balanced, Primary, Deep. The tutorial said to use Default for daily tasks and switch to Deep for complex problems. I clicked Deep first, uploaded a CSV and two JPGs. I only started touching CSVs these last couple of days, so the format might have issues, and I asked it to generate an image translation comparison table.

The result? It spent over ten minutes reading, then popped up a prompt roughly saying the working directory was inaccessible and file parsing failed. My credits dropped significantly, but I didn't see any output. I switched back to Default and re-uploaded the CSV. This time it returned cleaned results, but for the images, it just gave a brief description instead of generating the comparison table.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I messed up some setting. Does the initial configuration of the international version require separately specifying the working directory and permission boundaries? Regarding those model names, I understood "Deep for complex tasks," but maybe table processing and image translation shouldn't use Deep? Has anyone else who just registered experienced this situation where it can chat and read local files but gets stuck?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhiyuan
ZhiyuanAug 31

From my personal experience, wasn't the permission granularity clearly explained? This file reading logic insults intelligence just like opposing counsel's arguments.

Independent Pan

The Deep model consumes context way too aggressively. If you just throw two JPGs at it, it will definitely crash. I hit this same pitfall last week. Later, I had Default convert the images into text descriptions first, then fed that to Deep for translation, which was much more stable. Don't try to brute-force multimodal inputs.