Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Isn't a Chatbox; It's the Data Master Switch for My Small Shop

Weiwei's ShopWeiwei's ShopAug 302026/08/30 47 views

WorkBuddy isn't a chat box; it's the after-sales duty roster for my small shop

Last Wednesday night, while replying to customer service, I was pasting WeChat CS, Shopify refunds, and courier anomaly exports into one Excel file. Doing CS, design, ops, and packing alone—the scariest thing isn't busyness, it's data disconnecting halfway through. That day, a space wasn't cleared, order numbers didn't match, and a refund almost slipped through, leading to escalated complaints the next day. I stopped immediately. How much money saved? These errors cost repeat customers, not shipping fees. I considered buying another after-sales ticket tool, but my first instinct was: Is there a cheaper alternative? I've used WorkBuddy for a month; quota holds up, so let me maximize it. I've also only used Excel for a month, afraid to press random buttons, so I have to specify requirements strictly.

My setup is Windows; paths may vary, but logic is copyable. I created two folders on D drive: D:ShopDataRaw and D:ShopDataOutput. Raw contains daily exports chats.xlsx, refunds.xlsx, logistics.xlsx; Output contains WorkBuddy-generated duty results. After opening WorkBuddy, I create a new task. If there's a local file selection entry, I put D:ShopDataRaw there; if not, I just ask it to read that path in the dialog. First run usually prompts authorization; click Allow.

My first prompt is just: Open D:ShopDataRaw, list all Excel filenames, sheet names, and headers. Beginners skip this most often. Many errors aren't AI being dumb, but it not knowing which tables to process. Once listed, if fields look good, I send the second prompt. Pitfall here: Don't cram instructions into one long sentence. I once combined merge, filter, chart, email into one line, and it only executed half. Now I split into two: Read files first, then work.

The second prompt must be specific. I write: Merge chats.xlsx, refunds.xlsx, logistics.xlsx into a daily after-sales anomaly duty roster. Primary key prefers Order ID; if missing, match Customer Nickname + Issue Keyword after trimming spaces. Keep all CS session rows; fill empty Refund Amount with 0; fill empty Logistics Anomaly with 'Pending'; keep 2 decimals for amounts, round, add thousand separators; standardize dates to YYYY-MM-DD; freeze top row, auto-adjust column width; save to D:ShopDataOutputDaily_AfterSales_Duty_Roster_[Date].xlsx. Looks verbose, but useful. Initially I just said 'make an after-sales list', and it formatted amounts as scientific notation. Looked correct, but broke number checks. Learned my lesson: Strict format requirements are best.

I added logging to scheduled tasks. I run daily at 8 AM, appending: If execution fails, save error info to Desktop TaskLog.txt. Learned this from a WorkBuddy pitfall avoidance article. Simple but effective. Once a new platform changed export fields, task failed. Next day, log showed header missing Actual Paid Amount. No guessing needed. Ops shouldn't wait for errors to cry; leave a paper trail for clarity.

Permissions—I took detours. Initially lazy, shared raw folder so CS/design/packing could view. Almost disaster: A colleague edited a note in the raw export, messing up the next day's summary. Now three rules: Raw folder read-only for WorkBuddy, no writes; Output folder shareable but default read-only; Field modifiers copy to new files. If WorkBuddy hits access denied, re-authorize; don't force run. Solo shops shouldn't have multiple people editing one table simultaneously; saves communication cost but loses to wrong-row edits.

Wrong results? Don't scold; correct specifically. I don't say 'redo'. I say 'Why is Refund column empty? Change Order/Refund matching to left join, keep non-refund rows.' If PDF bill to Excel formatting breaks, I ask it to extract table only, save as CSV, then import to Excel for formatting. PDF to Word conversion is unreliable for me; complex tables fall apart. For reconciliation, I always sample-check a few entries, especially amounts.

Now after daily runs, I spot-check three items: Highest refund, overdue CS replies, logistics anomalies. Saved time goes to categorizing messages, updating detail pages, packing. Previously thought AI should write/draw/select products. Now I think solo shops should first let AI clean dirty data.

The pitfall article had a line I agree with: AI does grunt work, you make decisions.

WorkBuddy's best fit isn't speaking for me, but sorting after-sales risks daily into a duty roster of items to watch.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Shua Ti Zhong

Wait, hardcoding your order number matching logic in Excel is way too fragile. I stepped on this landmine last week while building a data pipeline; just changing the export format slightly caused everything to crash. Suggest extracting the cleaning logic to run separately—don't expect AI to perfectly handle all dirty data...

Kevin_Gu
Kevin_GuAug 30

Wait, matching order numbers in Excel is too fragile. I just wrote a small script for validation; it's way more stable than manually pasting tables. Since we're already messing with data pipelines, why not do it all at once?