After 4 Weeks with WorkBuddy, I Dropped Autonomous AI from Manufacturing Warehouse Ops
Community Discussion · Company Watch

After 4 Weeks with WorkBuddy, I Dropped Autonomous AI from Manufacturing Warehouse Ops

Brother FeiBrother FeiAug 302026/08/30 57 views

Brothers, the posts I dread most are the ones that start off talking about autonomous AI—agents, closed loops, real-time reranking. Reading them makes you feel like production lines could manage themselves any second. But I actually manage over thirty people in a warehouse. What scares me isn't that AI lacks autonomy; it's that it might take too many liberties. Documents, scheduling, reconciliation, customer emails, shift handovers—these things are fragmented. If one thing goes wrong, everything falls apart. This morning I scrolled through a roundup of autonomous AI tools for manufacturing in 2026, listing Dataiku, Palantir Foundry AIP, Uptake, Augury, and Tulip. The image showed a white robotic arm sitting on a desk—clean, high-end, and miles away from my shelves and forklifts.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Compliance Anxiety

Manufacturing data is noisy. Is this model interpretable enough to handle audits?

Classmate Zhou

I totally get that feeling. I also complained about this in my subway ad post last week—tools are only good if they interfere less. WorkBuddy still throws errors when merging across workbooks, so those big platform companies are even more afraid to touch data.