Community Discussion · Company Watch

After using WorkBuddy for a while, don't be fooled by the 'AI Employee' hype.

Old ChenOld ChenAug 292026/08/29 75 views

Saw that 'AI Employee' article XTransfer pushed this afternoon. It talks about 24/7 lead gen and marketing, claiming you can get 4 valid replies a day, listing three major scenarios and four advantages. I just shook my head. It's not that the thing is completely useless, but it oversimplifies foreign trade lead generation. I've been in foreign trade for ten years. The journey from inquiry to deal closure is bridged by trust, communication, and countless late nights tweaking quotes—not something an automated email bot can replace.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Amy
AmyAug 29

Help! Even expense reports get pasted incorrectly, and we're talking about AI employees? Automate duplicate spreadsheets first before worrying about that.

Luguo
LuguoAug 29

Calling sending an email an 'AI employee' is a stretch... I've been working on my AI Agent for a month and am still debugging tool calls. The email archiving feature seems practical though. How did you identify those unpaid items?