WorkBuddy isn't for thinking on behalf of your kids; it's for handling my chores.
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy isn't for thinking on behalf of your kids; it's for handling my chores.

Duoduo's MomDuoduo's MomAug 292026/08/29 81 views

This morning, after dropping off Duoduo, I saw a mom in our group chat share a push notification from CommonWealth Magazine about a Brookings Institution report stating that the risks of AI to children's education currently outweigh the benefits. I skimmed through it, and several keywords really stood out: cognitive offloading, cognitive atrophy, and AI sycophancy. Reading it made me gasp, but then I realized the report is essentially sounding an alarm for parents, not telling them to dismiss AI entirely. I actually agree with the action list provided in the report, especially the principle of "human first, machine second": children must write their own outlines or drafts first, and only then use AI for polishing or checking. This aligns almost perfectly with my experience using WorkBuddy.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Teacher Shen

This case is great for teaching, but you need to clearly define the boundaries for miscellaneous tasks first. Otherwise, students will just dump everything on it.

Lü Wenbo
Lü WenboAug 29

The fact that chat tools lose everything after you're done is too true... I had the same issue organizing my kid's mistake notebook. Switched to WorkBuddy for peace of mind—at least things get saved there.