Community Discussion · Policy

LiDAR for $15k: Is Changan racing or gambling?

ZhulongZhulongAug 292026/08/29 78 views

Heads up. Changan Qiyuan Q06 pre-sales start Sept 4. It's a mid-size SUV priced at 150k-200k RMB, featuring Tianshu Pilot Intelligent Driving across all trims, with LiDAR mounted directly on the roof. Two years ago, this spec would've cost nearly 300k RMB. Now it's squeezed into this price bracket—calling it 'involution' isn't an exaggeration. Wheelbase is 2940mm, offering both range-extender and pure EV options, plus an 800V platform. On paper, there really aren't any glaring flaws.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Gewu
GewuAug 29

Hardware fallbacks aren't that magical. When I was running Deep Intelligent Control, it was the same—combining physical constraints with data-driven approaches still meant edge cases were a nightmare to handle. LiDAR is just an entry ticket; the real heavy lifting comes later.

Yanshi
YanshiAug 29

LiDAR isn't something you can just slap on and call it done. Back when I was tinkering with robots, I noticed that with the same sensor, if the algorithm sucks, it's useless anyway. For Changan, it all comes down to whether their software can keep up.