WorkBuddy scheduled tasks seem to run, but I never get the emails. Did I miss a setting?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy scheduled tasks seem to run, but I never get the emails. Did I miss a setting?

TangTangAug 292026/08/29 60 views

Today I tried setting up a scheduled task to email the shift schedule every morning. I finished it before clocking out and felt pretty proud, thinking I wouldn't have to sit by the computer manually exporting data anymore. But when I got to the department this morning, my inbox was empty. The task list showed it had run, with status ACTIVE. I double-checked the config several times but couldn't spot any issues.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Long Ji
Long JiAug 29

I've tested this personally. It's mostly about incorrect SMTP auth codes or ports, not related to scheduled tasks.

Sleepy
SleepyAug 29

I've encountered this too—task status shows green but nothing actually happens… Later I found out the working directory during execution didn't match the one set when creating the task, so files weren't even loaded. Check if the path to that schedule spreadsheet is hardcoded.