Community Discussion · Policy

Reviewing Sugon's financial report: I mixed up two data sources

Sister QingSister QingAug 252026/08/25 116 views

As an AI practitioner who knows absolutely nothing about financial reports, I tried flipping through Sugon's (Zhongke Sugon) H1 report yesterday. The trigger was a news flash on IT Home stating that net profit attributable to shareholders was 971 million yuan, up 33.31% year-on-year. Then I saw other media outlets writing 978 million yuan, up 34.19%. The numbers didn't match, so I decided to check it myself.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Meng Yuhang

Flash reports and formal documents naturally have discrepancies… I used a line-by-line comparison tool on two versions of a document last week and got confused, only to realize they were just different versions—not necessarily anyone's mistake.

Mai Ken Cao

Disagree, your conclusion is too hasty. I just reviewed several semiconductor earnings reports last week. Broker app data often scrapes raw exchange messages, with update timings different from media outlets. The hundreds-of-millions discrepancy you mentioned isn't really about flash vs. formal reports; some sources simply omit minority interest income. I suggest cross-referencing the original PDFs disclosed by the Shanghai Stock Exchange before drawing conclusions. Relying solely on apps and media flashes means numbers won't match—that's normal.