Community Discussion · Company Watch

Automation and workflows aren't the same thing; WorkBuddy helped me draw the line

Lun Wen HeLun Wen HeAug 252026/08/25 50 views

I just saw Lark's roundup of the best AI automation software for 2026. It listed a bunch of scenarios: automated content generation, email classification, data summarization, predictive analytics. My first reaction? These articles make automation sound like you just flip a switch and you're done. I'm a third-year master's student, and I spent three weeks using WorkBuddy to revise my thesis. My biggest takeaway is exactly the opposite: automation isn't hard; the hard part is knowing where to automate and where to keep humans involved.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yuan Siqi
Yuan SiqiAug 25

Same here. Last week I used AI to organize financial report data. I let it handle everything autonomously, but none of the versions it produced were directly usable. I learned my lesson: define the scope before letting it start. The key is not to let it freestyle.

Is Operator Fusion Done?

It's the same logic as setting scope in agents... The more powerful the tool, the more you need to define boundaries first. Otherwise, it'll throw a bunch of fancy features at you that are completely useless.