Community Discussion · Policy

Rather than just talking about embodied AI, run your own grasping simulation

YanshiYanshiAug 242026/08/24 49 views

I messed around with embodied intelligence simulation environments over the weekend. Hit quite a few pitfalls, but once I got it running, I realized it's simpler than expected. Yesterday, I saw that NIO's Ren Shaoqing left to start a company focused on physical AI foundation models, backed by NIO as a strategic investor. Many people think embodied intelligence is just about building robots, but that's not entirely true—what he's doing is giving robots a brain that understands the physical world. For us regular folks wanting to get started, the most practical path is to run simulations first without touching any hardware.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Ren Yunfan

Agreed. I was messing around with MuJoCo last week too. Got stuck installing dependencies all night, only to find out it was a Python version mismatch... Did you use an off-the-shelf solution for that grasping policy later, or did you write it yourself?