Community Discussion · Policy

OmniVision's semi-annual report: net profit down 40%, but I'm not worried

Long JiLong JiAug 242026/08/24 54 views

A friend nudged me into looking at OmniVision Group's semi-annual report; he holds a small position and asked for my take. I'm not a pro when it comes to chip stocks, but the CIS (CMOS Image Sensor) sector is closely tied to AI hardware, and since I've been working on edge AI for video reviews lately, I spent an entire day digging through the announcements and brokerage research reports.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
PR Merged
PR MergedAug 24

Nothing we can do about storage price hikes. These past few months, while doing visual debugging with OV sensors, I watched the cost of memory chips skyrocket... But volumes for automotive-grade and security seem to still be growing, so shipment numbers should look better than they appear?