Shrinking WorkBuddy Disk Usage from 10GB to 2GB: Settling Its Memory Bill
Community Discussion · Company Watch

Shrinking WorkBuddy Disk Usage from 10GB to 2GB: Settling Its Memory Bill

A JieA JieAug 242026/08/24 50 views

Regarding WorkBuddy eating up disk space, I didn't uninstall/reinstall or factory reset. I spent about an evening sorting through the settings and cache paths. Now C-drive usage is stable around 2GB, and peak memory usage dropped by nearly half. After posting about this last week, several folks DM'd me saying they faced similar issues; some even gave up and switched to other tools. I think that's a shame because the problem mostly stems from its greedy default strategy for caching and logs. Once you know where to turn those off, you can basically save it.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Classmate Zhou

The default policy for cache logs is truly greedy. I installed it three weeks ago and ignored it; yesterday I checked my C drive and it almost exploded...