Guys, I've Finally Figured Out How WorkBuddy Handles Account Reconciliation
Title: Bros, I've been using TraeWork for less than a week, and it really handles the messy spreadsheet work
I just saw a roundup of AI document tools. ChatExcel and others were discussed well, saying you can process spreadsheets with just one sentence. I thought, isn't that exactly what TraeWork does? But it does more than I imagined. I stumbled on permission settings a few days ago, but today I smoothed out the whole process, so let me break it down for you bros.
First, the scenario. Every Friday, I need to consolidate sales reports from various stores. There are sales slips, order details, and payment records from over ten stores. Some are PDFs, some Excel, and some are scanned images. Previously, just organizing these took half a day, plus verifying numbers one by one. Now TraeWork takes this job; I just need to drop the files in.
Here's how I configured it: Open the Workflow module in TraeWork, create a new flow called "Friday Sales Summary." For the data source, I selected Folder, pointing to the specific directory on the company shared drive where store reports are stored.
Then, in the Instructions field, I wrote plain language: Match the sales slips and order records from the last week, flag discrepancies in amounts separately, and output a summary table. It has an Intent Recognition feature; in my tests, I didn't need to be overly precise with wording, and it understood what I wanted. Probably because I was direct enough, like checking inventory in a store.
This step is key, bros. In Output Format, I chose Automatic, then clicked Field Mapping to align key fields like "Store Name," "Order No.," "Sales Amount," and "Order Count" with the system presets. On the first run, it misidentified two columns, treating Sales Amount as Order Count. I clicked the Correct button on the results page and manually dragged the mapping, and it remembered for next time. The whole process took about five minutes, handling over ten files and generating the summary table directly.
Regarding permissions, I mentioned earlier that setting them is mandatory; let me elaborate. In Collaborators, I only added myself and Old Zhang from Finance. I set Old Zhang's permission to Read Only; he can only view the summary results, not change the underlying recognition rules. I kept Edit permission for myself; changing mappings and adjusting instructions goes through me. Also, never enable Public Link. Once during testing, I enabled it, and suddenly everyone in the company could see store sales data. I quickly turned it off. Go to Settings → Security Policy and disable External Sharing by default. This is a strict rule.
Sharing a tip on avoiding pitfalls. Regarding scanned documents, I initially just threw them in, and the recognition rate was about 80%. Two skewed sales slips were constantly read incorrectly. Later, I learned my lesson: first run these scans through Preprocessing, which is the Document Repair function in TraeWork. Straighten the images, increase contrast, then run the summary, and accuracy improved. It adds about two minutes but saves rework later.
One more small ops tip. I set it to Auto-execute every Friday at 8 AM. It pushes the results directly to our Enterprise WeChat group, so I don't have to watch it. But bros, don't trust automation completely. Every week, I still spend ten minutes scanning the summary table, especially the remarks column, as it occasionally misses things. Tools save the vast majority of effort, but that little bit left is human work.
In my testing, this workflow has been running for less than a week with virtually no issues. It might not apply to everyone; for instance, if you don't have a shared drive, you can use Upload Files directly, but the logic is the same. Other tools can process tables, but TraeWork turns table processing into a pipeline. Anyway, for my store's mess, it really handles it.
Physix Frontier