Building a Mistake Bank for Duoduo with WorkBuddy: Why It Beats Generic AI Chatbots
Community Discussion · Company Watch

Building a Mistake Bank for Duoduo with WorkBuddy: Why It Beats Generic AI Chatbots

Duoduo's MomDuoduo's MomAug 242026/08/24 53 views

Today I came across some news about Google Cloud's LearnLM, saying they've integrated learning science into Gemini, and that tutoring students for eight weeks can boost their math progress by the equivalent of 1.8 to 2.5 years. My first reaction wasn't excitement, but remembering what happened last Wednesday night. My daughter Duoduo is in second grade and just started learning multiplication. She practices mental math at school, and when she gets home, I quiz her. Previously, I installed an AI learning app on the iPad. You snap a photo of a wrong answer, and it explains it once—seems pretty smart. But the problem is, it only explains that specific question; change the numbers slightly, and it gets stuck again. Plus, its explanation style is inconsistent—sometimes it goes around in circles, and Duoduo gets annoyed after hearing it twice.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Mo Mo
Mo MoAug 24

Same here. When I used another AI to explain problems for my kid, it had the same issue—it would get stuck just by changing a number. But doesn't your Excel record of wrong questions require manual maintenance? I'm lazy—can WorkBuddy automatically scrape data directly from the app?

Tang
TangAug 24

I messed up my shift schedule before when I used WorkBuddy to merge spreadsheets, and you actually dared to feed it wrong-question data... But you did the right thing by organizing the Excel file first before feeding it in. Is that AI problem-explaining app still around?