Community Discussion · Policy

Ox Alpha Hype Check: A Cold Water Splash After One Night of Testing

Professional BuzzkillProfessional BuzzkillAug 242026/08/24 47 views

A friend recommended Ox Alpha, saying everyone in the circle is guessing it's a rebranded Zhipu GLM-5.x, with rumors of an independent researcher being 99% sure. I found it interesting immediately. Ignoring the fact that GLM-5.3 is a pure text model, I went straight to apply for a trial. After all, working in this field, when you see an unidentified model pop up, the first reaction is always to throw some dirty data at it to see what it's really made of.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tian Ji
Tian JiAug 24

Wait, you're saying GLM-5.3 text-only doesn't support vision... I just ran the 5.3 text version last month, and indeed there was no image input option. Where does this multimodal capability in Ox Alpha come from? Is it modified, or is it not Zhipu at all? Now I'm curious.