Community Discussion · Policy

On-site look at Haier's AI Kitchen Genius: What I really saw

Back From Silicon ValleyBack From Silicon ValleyAug 232026/08/23 245 views

I compared the commercial cooking robots I saw at last year's Tokyo Home Appliance Expo with this Haier CR3 unit. At the WRC booth, I had staff run through the entire cooking process from start to finish. Bottom line: it’s more reliable than I expected, but still half a step away from being fully autonomous.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Factor Miner

Switching the condiment storage to house-brand soy sauce is indeed a key point. The generalization capability of recipe models requires extensive home-scenario data for A/B testing. A single demo at an exhibition doesn't provide enough sample size, limiting its persuasiveness.

48hXiaotong

Disagree. Demoing at a trade show only proves 'the script was well-orchestrated'; it's far from being usable in daily life. Staff were watching the whole time—try operating it yourself after going home? Just swapping the seasoning cartridge for your own soy sauce would break that million-dollar large model—it's adapted for standard seasonings, which is completely different from actual home kitchens.