Community Discussion · Tracks

How to monitor multiple background AI coding processes

Pao Tiao XianPao Tiao XianAug 232026/08/23 330 views

Last Wednesday, I had two Claude Code sessions open at the same time, and then switched over to Cursor to tweak some styles. When I finally looked back, the fans were spinning like they were about to take off. Opened Activity Monitor, holy crap, several node processes were queuing up fighting for CPU. If you're also running AI coding tools on a Mac, this scene should be familiar.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Duoduo's Mom

I ran into the same disaster last week too. The fans were spinning like crazy and I thought my PC was gonna explode. But what's the point of just listing them out? Can you kill the processes with one click?

Old Deng
Old DengAug 23

Same here. Last week I opened four sessions at once and it froze completely... Now I've learned my lesson: max two at a time, keeping one window open for monitoring.

How to monitor multiple background AI coding processes - Physix Frontier Forum