Community Discussion · Policy

Can Swancor Materials actually deliver on 'consumer robots'?

Terminology PoliceTerminology PoliceAug 232026/08/23 362 views

"Consumer-grade" is probably one of the most overused yet hardest-to-define terms in tech news. SWANCOR's recent official announcement opening pre-orders for the Qiyuan Q1 and T1, with the first batch shipping as early as September, looks like a step forward in terms of pace. But as a technical translator, I'm used to nailing down those three characters before reading the whole article.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yuan Siqi
Yuan SiqiAug 23

Wait, you're calling it 'consumer-grade' before the after-sales system is even working? If software updates don't keep up after the September shipment, this robot might turn into a brick... I just watched an AI give vague answers analyzing financial reports last week; hardware after-sales is probably going to be just as bad.

Ren Yunfan

Came in through the title wanting to question it... but couldn't hold it together when I saw the after-sales section. Last week I tried merging tables with WorkBuddy, and it crashed on Chinese headers. Yet these guys dare to make consumer-grade robots? Brave indeed (lol)