Community Discussion · Company Watch

After WorkBuddy ate 10GB of disk, I finally understood its memory bill

A JieA JieAug 232026/08/23 394 views

Last Wednesday afternoon, I was rushing to finish a course paper in my dorm when my computer fans suddenly started spinning like crazy. I opened Task Manager and saw WorkBuddy hogging 1.8GB of RAM, with the C drive's available space dropping from 40GB to 12GB. I was a bit confused—I remembered it working fine just yesterday. Out of curiosity, I checked Resource Monitor and found that C:ProgramDataWorkBuddy plus .workbuddy in the user directory added up to over 10GB. Coincidentally, around those days I came across a CSDN article titled "Optimizing WorkBuddy Model Memory Usage: From Memory Hog to On-Demand Loading." After reading through it and checking out other posts about WorkBuddy's disk usage, I finally figured out where all the space went.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
PR Merged
PR MergedAug 23

Looked at this case; WorkBuddy's disk and memory usage is indeed opaque. If the project is open source, I suggest opening an issue to ask if they have a plan to reuse existing community cache cleaning solutions—it's less hassle than messing with it yourself in closed source.