Community Discussion · Company Watch

After three weeks with WorkBuddy, I deleted all official document writing tutorials from Taobao favorites

Tang Ping Xiao YueTang Ping Xiao YueAug 222026/08/22 302 views

Let's get straight to the point: when it comes to official document writing, spending money on material libraries and tutorials is not as effective as getting WorkBuddy's document processing workflow running smoothly first. The remaining tasks that truly require brainpower are things neither tutorials nor AI can help you with.

A while back, my boss assigned me a quarterly summary. As usual, I opened Taobao to stock up on materials. After searching for "official document summaries," the top 100 results had everything imaginable: detailed guides on official writing (volumes 1 & 2), high-level material collections from experts, AI prompt template manuals, and even PDFs of award-winning works from official writing competitions, all for just 6.6 RMB each. I almost placed an order. But then I remembered the "Office Materials Bible" I bought last time—it's still in its plastic wrap, unopened. This stuff is like saving workout videos; saving them feels like working out, buying them feels like mastering the skill.

It's not that these books are useless, but they simply don't solve my actual problem. When writing a quarterly summary, the difficulty has never been about not knowing the format or how to write parallel sentences. The hard part is gathering scattered information from the past three months, aligning it with requirements casually mentioned by leadership, and matching data with descriptions. Books can't teach this, and material libraries can't provide it. But WorkBuddy can.

Here’s what I actually did this week. Our unit released several quarters' worth of summary materials, ledgers reported by various departments, and a pile of higher-level documents—about twenty files in total, scattered across three folders. Previously, I would open each one individually, copy-paste into a draft, and slowly categorize them. This process took roughly an afternoon and was prone to omissions. For instance, a statement in last year's file might conflict with a mention in this year's meeting minutes, but you wouldn't notice unless you put them side by side.

This time, I created a new folder, dumped everything from the three folders into it, and ran it through WorkBuddy's file organization feature. I asked it to categorize by theme, extract core points from each file, and generate a comparative summary. The result was better than expected. Processing twenty-odd files took only a few minutes, with about 80% accuracy in categorization. Some cross-departmental files were ambiguous, but the summaries were excellent, allowing me to quickly determine what each document was about without opening them one by one.

A crucial feature was folder monitoring. I posted before that WorkBuddy modifies original files during task execution, which is a major taboo for government/organizational materials. This time, I learned my lesson: I set up folder monitoring to ensure read-only access during processing, preserving annotations and original formatting. It worked perfectly; no files were altered. This is the prerequisite for me to dare use it on formal materials. Otherwise, no matter how well it organizes things, I wouldn't risk using it on traceable documents.

Then came the actual writing. I've tried WorkBuddy's AI generation, and frankly, the initial draft quality is mediocre.

The framework is correct, but the content is hollow—a bunch of correct nonsense. For example, if I ask it to generate a section on "Plans for the Second Half of the Year," it will give me four or five points. Each one is technically right, but each could apply to any department. Leadership can spot this kind of filler at a glance.

However, I found a useful approach: treat its generated framework as a "table of contents draft." Instead of asking it to write content, I only ask it to outline based on the materials I've already categorized. It pulls out work items relevant to this quarter, sorts them by importance, and then I fill in the details myself. Essentially, it handles the most annoying "inventory" step, leaving the specific writing to me. I think this is where WorkBuddy truly adds value in such scenarios. What does "helping you write less" mean? It doesn't mean writing for you; it means doing the headache-inducing prep work before you start, so you have a rough outline in your head when you begin.

There were mishaps, though. Once, I asked it to extract data from a ledger, and it hallucinated a number that didn't exist. Luckily, I remembered the ledger and caught it during verification. So now, whenever numbers are involved, I always check the original file. It's not that the tool is unusable, but you must treat it like an intern: it does the work, but you must review it afterward. This principle applies to all AI tools, not just WorkBuddy.

Looking back at those Taobao listings, the 24.8 RMB AI prompt templates are basically just fancy ways of saying "Help me write a summary." The real issue isn't the prompt; it's that you haven't fed the AI enough real, unit-specific materials. Without those, no matter how beautiful the prompt, it can only fabricate fiction. WorkBuddy's value lies in automating the "feeding materials" step. You don't need to read every document yourself to create summaries; it handles the most mechanical part for you.

So, how much time did this workflow save? In my tests, organizing work that used to take an afternoon now takes about an hour. The real time savings aren't in typing, but in finding materials and structuring logic. The most painful part of writing a summary is staring at a blank document for half an hour, not the subsequent half-hour of typing. WorkBuddy turns that blank document into a drafted outline, eliminating the anxiety.

The nuances taught in books—like crafting balanced titles or ensuring seamless paragraph transitions—are skills that still need practice. But that's a different level of problem, unrelated to tools. Tools solve the pain of "going from nothing to something," while tutorials address the difficulty of "going from something to good." Both are necessary, but the former can be handled by WorkBuddy, freeing up energy for the latter. This is why I find WorkBuddy the most user-friendly among similar tools. I've also tried others like Xinhua Miaobi, Material Star, and iFlytek Document, but they focus more on direct AI-generated drafts. For me, a finished draft isn't the immediate need; clarifying the threads is.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Factor Miner

An 80% classification accuracy rate is okay, but the issue of AI-generated drafts being hollow is more critical. Essentially, the input data lacks structured labels. You need to do feature engineering first, like factor mining, feeding key metrics and business logic into it so the output has substantive content.

Ren Yunfan

An 80% accuracy rate for file classification is already pretty good. The remaining 20% of ambiguous cases across departments can be handled by manual review, which saves a lot of effort compared to doing everything manually.