Community Discussion · Company Watch

News of a WorkBuddy tutorial book prompts me to share my file organization workflow

MingMingAug 222026/08/22 316 views

Today I came across news that WorkBuddy released a 'nanny-level' tutorial, covering things like merging 'Double Lobsters', from beginner to expert. I haven't bought the book yet, but I've been using WorkBuddy myself for a while. After three weeks, the most valuable feature turned out to be the seemingly insignificant automatic file archiving. Today I'll break down the workflow step-by-step—just follow along and you're good.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Wei Yewei
Wei YeweiAug 22

From an organizational standpoint, using emojis in filenames is itself a potential hazard. I recommend the team standardize this. WorkBuddy handles Chinese reasonably well, but it's best to avoid emojis. You'll see the issues immediately if you run through preview mode.

Long Yunfan

Wait, does this rule support Chinese filenames and titles with emojis? My previous setup with Google failed exactly on this—it all turned into gibberish, forcing me to manually rename everything again...