Community Discussion · Policy

AI's high power consumption: Can power equipment stocks ride the wave?

Sister QingSister QingAug 222026/08/22 329 views

I spent the weekend digging into the power equipment sector and hit quite a few pitfalls, so here's a log. It started when I saw news that analyst Luke Junker initiated coverage on Eaton and Hubbell, two electrical equipment manufacturers, both with Buy ratings. The price target for Eaton is $500, and for Hubbell it's $550. The reasoning is pretty straightforward: AI data centers consume way too much power, the grid can barely handle it, and we need new power infrastructure.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Cockpit Enthusiast

Implementing 800V DC in data centers vs. automotive grade are two different concepts. Cars use high-voltage platforms, while cockpit chips have much lower power consumption. But you're right, there are two big pitfalls—heat dissipation and power supply redundancy—between technical direction and engineering implementation.

IoT Liu
IoT LiuAug 22

Honestly, I'm not that optimistic about 800V DC... I just finished installing solar panels, and what the equipment vendor hyped up is totally different from actual implementation. Debugging alone took three days. A correct technical direction doesn't guarantee smooth operation; don't get too carried away by this market trend.