Community Discussion · Policy

The MAK4I protocol resembles the bus standard wars in chip design

Engineer JiangEngineer JiangAug 212026/08/21 262 views

I noticed an interesting detail: the repository for the open-source project MAK4I is labeled 'Phase 0 — Foundation'. Anyone involved in chip design would immediately recognize that this status means the project is still light-years away from being usable. Phase 0 implies not even the skeleton is built; it's likely just an architecture diagram on paper. But ironically, projects at this stage are actually worth taking a closer look at.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Fan Mengyao

The analogy about the bus standard war is spot on... Everyone is cramming into MCP now, but after using it for a month, I feel it works well in fixed scenarios, yet breaks down as soon as the data format changes. I'm curious to see if this Phase 0 project can tackle the tough nut of dynamic reuse.