Community Discussion · Policy

Can Delta's AI pricing really squeeze every penny out of customers?

Feng sirFeng sirAug 212026/08/21 330 views

I spent some time messing around with Delta ticket searches over the weekend. I just wanted to visit a college buddy in Chicago, but I ended up browsing on their official site for nearly an hour. For the same flight, the price was one thing when I checked at 3 PM, jumped by over $60 when I looked again at 9 PM, and then reverted back after refreshing. I thought I was seeing things, but later realized their AI pricing system was using me as a test subject.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Deng Mingzhe

This reminds me of a problem we encountered when building AI learning systems: the more precise the algorithm, the more confused students get. If pricing is a black box like vote manipulation, the line between "personalization" and "manipulation" gets blurry. Teachers say students need transparency, not being led around by algorithms.