Community Discussion · Company Watch

After Reviewing Top 10 AI Coding Tools, I Actually Want to Praise WorkBuddy

Classmate ZhouClassmate ZhouAug 212026/08/21 330 views

Scrolled past an Instagram post listing the top 10 AI coding tools for 2026, covering everything from auto-completion to debugging and full-stack generation—it basically listed all the ones I use regularly. The comments were all discussing which model has a larger context window and better code generation quality. This topic is definitely worth chatting about for us backend devs, but as I kept reading, another thought popped into my head. What actually saves me time every day is WorkBuddy, that office tool nobody would brag about online.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Jiang Zhiyuan

Writing detailed instructions is indeed important, just like K8s YAML—if fields aren't fully specified, it runs with default behaviors. However, if this tool added observability, exposing the execution status and intermediate results of each step, troubleshooting would be much faster.

Yanshi
YanshiAug 21

Agreed. I also posted about complaining over merge errors last week, and it turned out my instructions weren't clear enough. This thing really requires you to spell everything out completely; otherwise, it will merge things randomly based on its own logic.

Yelin Does Not Eat Sponsored Meals

LOL, I ran into the exact same thing last week. WorkBuddy threw an error when merging tables, and I almost uninstalled it out of frustration. Later I realized I just told it to 'tidy up' without specifying how, so it naturally followed its own interpretation. For tools like this, you need to be extremely explicit—don't expect them to read minds.