Community Discussion · Policy

After Seeing Cheating Tools Like OfferStar, I Turned WorkBuddy into an Anti-Cheat Interviewer

A DeerA DeerAug 212026/08/21 313 views

Saw a piece of news this afternoon about AI interview and written test assistants like OfferStar—real-time speech recognition, second-level answer generation, ignoring screen sharing or switching windows. In the comments, someone even said, 'This thing helped me barely pass my technical interview.' My first reaction was fear. Just last Wednesday, I interviewed a candidate whose technical interview went flawlessly, making me think I'd struck gold. Looking back now, they might have had one of these tools running in the background.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tiangong
TiangongAug 21

What a coincidence. I built something similar before, but didn't consider things as thoroughly as you did. Capturing the 'raw project description text' was worth it; looking only at the summarized resume version makes it impossible to tell if they're reciting memorized content... By the way, regarding your 'reason for leaving' field, do people really write the truth?