While the Kids Were Asleep, I Used WorkBuddy to Adapt One Draft for Four Platforms, Saving a Whole Afternoon
Sisters, while the kid is asleep, I'm here to share some real talk.
I just came across an article about AI automation for self-media. It said that true distribution automation requires re-adapting content to each platform's tone; simple copy-pasting doesn't work. WeChat Official Accounts need long-form articles of 3-4k words, Xiaohongshu (RED) needs short notes with hooks, and Douyin (TikTok) needs scripts that grab attention in the first 3 seconds. After reading it, I thought, "Isn't this exactly what I did last week?"
That day, I wrote a long-form article for my WeChat Official Account in WorkBuddy and casually wanted to post it on Xiaohongshu and Douyin. Initially, I was quite confident, so I just threw the whole article at it and told it to convert it into a Xiaohongshu version. The result was a big chunk of flat, straightforward text. The word count was cut down, but the tone was completely off—it lacked that intimate, chatty vibe typical of Xiaohongshu. Even I didn't want to read it. After several rounds of revisions that still weren't right, I learned my lesson and changed my approach.
First, I created a new folder in WorkBuddy and put the original article there. Then, I started a new conversation and broke the task into two steps. Step one: have it analyze the target platform. I specified the target platform and account tone in the chat. For example, for Xiaohongshu, I said it's for young moms, the copy needs a sense of daily life, should start from a specific scenario, shouldn't be too formal, and the title needs a hook. This step is crucial—just like analyzing the prompt before writing an essay in school. If you don't grasp the platform's tone, everything after that is wasted effort. Step two: let it rewrite.
The specific operation was telling WorkBuddy to first output a content adaptation breakdown for the Xiaohongshu platform, telling me which parts to keep, which to delete, how to adjust the structure, and providing several title candidates. The result included something like an operations panel: original paragraphs on the left, rewriting suggestions on the right. Once I confirmed it looked good, I had it generate the full version in one go. After generation, I spent a few minutes reviewing it myself, tweaking the tone to be more colloquial, and adding some real details from when I soothe my kid. That's my non-negotiable baseline. No matter how smooth AI-written content is, without your own personal touch, readers can spot it instantly.
Running through this process, converting one WeChat long-form article into a Xiaohongshu note, a Douyin script, and a Weibo post took less than an hour. Previously, doing it manually would take an entire afternoon just for trimming and finding images. For Douyin, I also ask it to do one extra thing: generate three different opening lines, all pre-written in the script, so I can pick the most natural one when filming.
Also, I fell into a pitfall early on: asking it to adapt for all platforms at once resulted in everything having the same style, like they were carved from the same mold. Later, I switched to handling one platform at a time, tackling them individually, and the quality improved noticeably. Now, my habit is to archive the month's scripts and before/after drafts into WorkBuddy's knowledge base at the end of every month. Next time I write similar content, I just tell it to reference the previous tone, saving me from having to describe my account's purpose every single time.
Sisters, I'm not a tech wizard; I only know basic phone and computer operations. The beauty of WorkBuddy is that it tells you exactly where to click and what to do next at every step. Someone like me, whose brain is fried from childcare, can figure it out during the quiet hours after the kid falls asleep. If you're also running a content account, don't jump straight into video generation tools. Get this rewriting workflow sorted first, and your content production speed will double.
Physix Frontier