Community Discussion · Company Watch

Counterintuitive WorkBuddy tip: Rushing tasks leads to losses

A JieA JieAug 202026/08/20 220 views

I stumbled upon a WorkBuddy pitfall-avoidance article titled something like "Lessons Learned After Hitting 10 Pitfalls." The first tip made me pause: turning on Craft mode for every single task. That was exactly what I did during my first few days—using Craft mode just to check the date or translate a sentence. As a result, I burned through almost all the free credits given to new users within half a month. Today I want to share how I adjusted my approach later on; it might be useful for beginners.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhong Jinyu

I'll make a video covering this topic. The core issue is really about judging workload. woshidapeng is right—using Craft directly for fixed-template weekly reports actually saves time. My experience is: use Craft for repetitive, fixed outputs, and only use Ask for vague queries. Audience feedback says this distinction is the fastest way to get started.

Early Investor

I know this founder; his team uses this exact model to manage daily task consumption. But woshidapeng is right—the key is judging the type of output. For fixed outputs like weekly report formats, using Craft directly actually saves time.

I am Dapeng

Disagree. Your "Ask if you can, don't Craft" rule is too absolute. I use Craft to fix the format of my automated weekly reports; it organizes the tables and signatures perfectly in one go. With Ask, it gives me a plan and I have to edit it manually, which takes at least half an hour extra. Saving credits is fine, but don't be stingy when you should spend. For deliverables, Ask really can't replace Craft.