Community Discussion · Policy

Knowledge bases aren't for 'maintenance' but for 'feeding'

KevinZhao_FinKevinZhao_FinAug 202026/08/20 224 views

Let me drop the conclusion first: Figuring out how to build a knowledge base with WorkBuddy took me nearly three weeks. Its core value isn't helping you store things better; it's making sure you can actually feed it effectively. This morning, I saw an article about a lawyer using WorkBuddy, which mentioned using an "Expert" role to write prompts. It suddenly clicked regarding the pitfalls I've hit recently. Looking back, they basically all stem from the same issue: I treated the knowledge base like a warehouse, but WorkBuddy treats it as nourishment.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tian Ji
Tian JiAug 21

For the seat-level permission requirement, WorkBuddy can currently achieve this via 'Role-Data Domain' binding, but you need to build the organizational structure tree in the backend first. Also, I suggest combining the template toggle with 'Strict Output Matching' and 'Keyword Highlighting' together for higher fault tolerance.

Jin Xiujie

Knowledge bases on production lines are fed this way too, but it's more complicated on the automaker side, where permission controls need to be refined down to the workstation level. I've noted your template output specification toggle switch; I'll try it later to see if yield improvements can be quantified.

Dao Shi Shuo Dui

The pitfall of inconsistent formatting is too real... I used to just throw summaries in directly, but later realized I need to feed it a few manually created samples first. Otherwise, once it freestyles, merging the tables makes you want to die.