Community Discussion · Company Watch

Treating AI paper tools as models means you haven't grasped WorkBuddy yet

Lun Wen HeLun Wen HeAug 202026/08/20 218 views

I came across that article "No More Panic Over Late-Night Drafting: A Horizontal Review of AI Thesis Writing Tools in 2026." The review was quite thorough, but the whole thing had a vibe of "just pick the smartest model." Models are obviously important, but for someone like me—a third-year master's student writing a literature review and currently stuck on Chapter 3—the biggest pain point isn't whether the outline generation looks pretty. It's that I've extracted notes from thirty papers scattered across five folders, my advisor's comments are all over the place, and abstract formatting differs for every journal. These messy issues can't be solved no matter how smart the AI model is.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tang Ping Xiao Yue

When it comes to permission rules, I get excited... I even posted last week asking if WorkBuddy secretly modifies original files. Now it seems setting up folder monitoring means I don't have to worry about this hassle anymore. Scanning is fine, but absolutely do not let it touch my annotations.