Using WorkBuddy to build a knowledge base streamlined my short-video workflow
Sisters, while the kid is asleep, let me write some real talk.
Just scrolled past that 36kr article about WorkBuddy redoing the office trio, mentioning a feature called "Resource Library." The gist is letting AI save completed outputs so next time you can ask it to continue editing, without starting from scratch. Honestly, my first reaction was: This idea is smarter than how I used to do it. Previously, I used WorkBuddy to manage short video account topics and scripts; I'd throw tasks at it one-off, done meant done, and if I wanted changes later, I had to describe the background again—super annoying.
Using the Resource Library actually goes something like this: Save the document generated after task completion into it, then later directly specify this resource for AI to read and modify. For collaboration, move it into the team space and set permissions. Sounds convoluted, but today while Little Bao was napping, I actually tried it, and really sorted out the scheduling mess. Sharing my method; environment is the web version, might not apply to everyone.
Problem: Scripts edited back and forth, versions a chaotic mess
I make growth record videos for Little Bao, three or four a week. Materials are feeding logs, vaccine booklets, photos from outings. A few days ago I needed to update the weekly script. Flipping through content previously generated by WorkBuddy, I found several revised drafts scattered in chat history; even I couldn't tell which was latest. Little Bao was cranky that day, so while soothing him I was flipping records, almost giving up.
Solution: Use Resource Library to turn "one-off tasks" into "accumulative work"
I opened WorkBuddy and first tried the routine mentioned in the article. Step one: Organize previously generated scripts into a Markdown file and save it to the Resource Library. This step is simple; in the dialog box, ask it to save content from a specific generation, and it automatically files it into the Resource Library. Result: A file list appears on the left side of the interface, showing save time and file type.
Step two is the real key: This time when asking it to edit content, I didn't describe the background from scratch. Instead, I said, "Change the third item in 'August Growth Record Series Script.md' in the Resource Library to a vaccination theme." It reads that file first, then modifies based on original content. After editing, I checked it and found it retained the previously defined voiceover style—I didn't have to emphasize it again.
This action saves at least twenty minutes of repetitive description and correction daily. Previously, every regeneration drifted slightly in style, requiring time to fix. Now it's like giving it a "reference baseline"; it knows which direction to push.
Effect: Scheduling table updates in real-time, no manual sync needed
Editing scripts alone wasn't enough; scheduling was my bigger headache. Previously I used Excel to track which video posted when and corresponding material packs. Every script change required manual updates—annoying as hell. The article mentioned linking HTML dashboards with data tables for dynamic reading, so I tried this idea.
I first created an 'Account Schedule.csv' with columns for date, theme, status, and material links, putting it in the Resource Library. Then asked it to generate an HTML dashboard visualizing the table content. After generation, there's an edit button in the top right corner; click it, select a module on the page, and ask it to change background color or status text—no touching code. The coolest part is subsequent updates: I add a new row in the CSV, refresh the webpage, and the dashboard auto-updates. I tested this personally; even if the brat hits my keyboard, I'm not afraid anymore.
Pitfall Avoidance Experience
A few pitfalls to note. Resource Library filenames should ideally include dates or version numbers, e.g., '8.18 Script v2', otherwise after saving many, you can't distinguish them. Before asking it to edit content, best to explicitly say "Only change item three, leave others alone", otherwise it occasionally polishes other paragraphs too. I haven't used the team collaboration part yet since it's just me, but according to the article, if I ever drag my husband to help edit videos, it should just be moving files to the team space and setting edit permissions. Will try then.
If you're also using WorkBuddy to manage projects, I suggest starting today by uniformly saving generated items into the Resource Library. Don't let tasks be one-off deals. The end of one task should be the start of the next collaboration.
Physix Frontier