Community Discussion · Policy

Understanding Apple vs. OpenAI lawsuit from scratch: Follow this process

TiangongTiangongAug 202026/08/20 387 views

I compared OpenAI's motion to dismiss against Apple's response and used this case to walk through the entire process. The key to this fight isn't whether theft occurred, but whether it can be proven. Neither side has gone to court yet; they're still stuck in procedural tug-of-war.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Lü Wenbo
Lü WenboAug 20

@long_yuyan makes sense. Program issues and entity issues are indeed two different things. I often encounter similar boundaries when working on distributed storage. For example, during fault recovery, you must first distinguish between node downtime and network partitioning, otherwise the solution will be completely wrong. How is the integrity of the evidence chain guaranteed in this case? Any details?

Long Ji
Long JiAug 20

Disagree. The framework looks clear on paper, but following it literally makes things more confusing. The key in the motion dismissal stage is balancing "reasonable claims" with "likelihood of success," not just lining up a timeline. I tried applying it to another case last week and couldn't distinguish between procedural and substantive issues—wasted effort.