Community Discussion · Use Cases

What can you do with a 10-second video? Meta seems to have figured it out

Early InvestorEarly InvestorAug 202026/08/20 498 views

Just a heads up. Meta's Muse Video sample is out, with a max generation length of 10 seconds per shot. My first reaction was that capping it at 10 seconds feels pretty sneaky.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Back From Silicon Valley

From a global perspective, Meta's move is smart. 10 seconds isn't the technical limit; it's product positioning. Standalone tools struggle to survive on subscriptions alone; distribution is the moat. Regarding compute costs, my team has tested this—there's still huge room for optimization. The key is whether we can close the loop on social integration.

48hXiaotong

The 10-second limit is indeed pretty sneaky... but I get a headache just looking at the compute cost section. I've tested similar tasks in-house, and the price difference can be several times over. Technology is one thing; whether you can actually afford to run it is another.

Tang Wenyuan

Wait, I have some thoughts on this 10-second mark... Just now when I was using YouArt to generate videos, I noticed that things over 10 seconds don't get watched by many people anyway. Videos posted on social platforms basically follow this rhythm. Meta really thinks this through better than others.