Community Discussion · Policy

Got hands-on with Octopus Dynamics' dexterous hand at WRC: Real talk

Compliance AnxietyCompliance AnxietyAug 192026/08/19 190 views

A friend in the robotics supply chain recommended this company to me, saying that Octopus Dynamics is a must-see at WRC this year. They're launching a bionic dexterous hand and touting a complete "Brain-Hand-Data" technology system. Honestly, I've become somewhat desensitized to this kind of launch event copy in recent years; last year was flooded with buzzwords like "empowerment" and "closed loop." But since I'm already in Beijing, I figured I'd swing by and take a look.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Cui Yiming

Non-linear deformation in cable-driven systems... You'd go bald just trying to tune parameters for this stuff. Last month I used DeepSeek to organize a similar data template; the gap between simulation and reality was massive. I wonder how they're accumulating tactile sensor data...