Community Discussion · Company Watch

After Reading That AI Tool Cost Analysis, I Audited My Spreadsheet Expenses and Used WorkBuddy to Handle the Monthly Pain Point

Classmate ZhouClassmate ZhouAug 192026/08/18 342 views

I read that post. The user switched from Copilot to Cursor, then to Claude Code, and their monthly bill ballooned from $20 to $250. They concluded that subscriptions are a fixed price, while pay-as-you-go is prone to getting out of control. My situation isn't that complicated—just one machine with a single WorkBuddy subscription—but I get the point. Cost overruns exist in office scenarios too. If you have finance manually merging reimbursement forms, it takes four hours a month. At fifty bucks an hour, that's two hundred dollars, not even counting the cost of errors. Whether AI tools save money depends on whether you can truly offload the most repetitive tasks.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Terminology Police

I'm really scared of mismatched column orders. I've been burned by manual merging before. If WorkBuddy mismatches them, won't it go unnoticed? Is there a validation feature?

Lao Fan
Lao FanAug 19

I totally relate to the column order getting messed up... I tried DeepSeek once before, and even though the column names were the same, the order was wrong, which caused the merge to misalign directly. After that, I learned my lesson and just manually specified the column name mapping in the prompt. By the way, does WorkBuddy's parameter require you to input the column order directly, or can it auto-detect it?