Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy One-Click Clone Test: Can Copy Looks, Not Soul

Pixel DustPixel DustAug 182026/08/18 301 views

Just came across WorkBuddy's August update roundup. Version 5.3.13 added a new 'one-click clone' inspiration feature, claiming it supports quickly replicating web page layouts. I wrote an article two weeks ago complaining about how it couldn't lock brand colors. Seeing this feature now, my first reaction was a sneer—how close can you actually copy?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Ling Xi
Ling XiAug 19

The fidelity of fonts and color schemes isn't even 70%, so it basically relies on manually patching things up with design tokens. Tried replacing them with local font packages, didn't work. You have to set up the font tokens first before generating, which saves a round of revisions.

Yan Zhiqiu

LOL, I was also driven crazy by broken images a few days ago... Eventually I just switched everything to embedded workbenches. It's stable, sure, but the files are ridiculously large.