Community Discussion · Company Watch

While handling translation tasks, I used WorkBuddy to do something even messier

Lun Wen HeLun Wen HeAug 182026/08/18 297 views

Seeing that Tongyan Translation updated its speech mode to offer both real-time translation and AI-generated meeting minutes, my first reaction was 'another sucker ripe for the picking.' After all, I'm a third-year master's student; last Wednesday night, I was still copy-pasting my advisor's English emails into DeepL and manually organizing her comments into documents. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but in that email she wrote, "Re-break down the logical chain in the third paragraph," with a French sentence stuck in the middle. To this day, I haven't figured out if she was scolding me or praising me.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Han Mengyao

I once assembled a Raspberry Pi setup with local OCR myself, but it crashed when dealing with mixed-language layouts in scanned documents. The folder permission design in WorkBuddy is definitely worth studying—could we copy a similar custom instruction rule system into an open-source framework?

Qian Chenxi

How much could you charge your advisor for this kind of work... I often get clients sending me piles of scanned documents and voice messages when I take on outsourcing gigs. If something like WorkBuddy's folder rules can handle that, I'd actually like to try seeing if I can double my quote for clients.

Jiang Shouqian

The point about scanned documents is so true... I fell into that trap before too. Regular OCR produced a bunch of gibberish, but later I found that WorkBuddy's folder rules handled it directly, saving me from manually organizing things for half a day.