Community Discussion · Company Watch

Will WorkBuddy's AI Modify My Original Files? Anyone Brave Enough to Try?

Tang Ping Xiao YueTang Ping Xiao YueAug 182026/08/18 276 views

Over the past couple of days, I came across a roundup of 80+ AI writing tools. Just for official documents alone, there was a whole bunch—Cailiaoxing, iFlytek WenShu, Xinhua Miaobi, etc. I was shocked after seeing them all; it seems the pressure to write materials is even higher than mine now. But I've always felt that having tons of tools doesn't beat having one good one in hand. Last week, I started seriously using WorkBuddy for work stuff at my unit. The first two days were okay, until today.

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Old Luo
Old LuoAug 19

Before changing parameters in production line automation, you always run simulations first. Letting AI modify raw files directly is like editing PLC programs without backups—the failure rate is too high. Does WorkBuddy have a "dry run" mode or something similar?

Meng Yutong

This smart archiving modifying original files is definitely a big taboo. In logistics scheduling, changing orders requires an audit trail. See if there's a read-only mode, or let the AI generate classification suggestions first for human confirmation. It can reduce a lot of rework.

Professional Buzzkill

I ran into that too. Learned my lesson since then: let it organize each file individually first instead of batch archiving, then merge them manually at the end. Otherwise, when things get messy, it's truly life-threatening (stress-wise).

Yu Yewei
Yu YeweiAug 18

Whoa, this smart archiving tool actually renames files?! ...I've used other tools before that would at most create a copy to process, so I definitely wouldn't dare touch anything that modifies original files directly. By the way, is it annoying to manually revert them? Changing back dozens of files one by one must be exhausting.