WorkBuddy Fails to Lock Brand Colors When Adjusting PPT Palettes: Did I Do Something Wrong?
Title: WorkBuddy Still Can't Lock Brand Colors: I Tried Bypassing with n8n/Zapier, But No Fix
Continuing from last week's post about "WorkBuddy messing up PPT color schemes for reports." At the time, I thought I was setting it up wrong, and the comments didn't offer much clarity either. Over the past few days, refusing to give up, I figured since WorkBuddy couldn't lock colors itself, I'd try using n8n, Zapier, Power Automate, and ChatSlide—which I've just started learning—to provide an external safety net.
The client's brand green is an iron rule; the primary color on every page must be strictly fixed. First, I tried n8n, building a workflow to replace colors after PPT output, but it only recognizes structured data and ignores nested auxiliary colors in charts. Zapier goes without saying—it can transfer files but can't do pixel-level color correction. Power Automate took ages just to open the PPT, but changing one color code was more troublesome than doing it manually. Finally, I used ChatSlide to generate a new scheme, requesting "lock only this green, leave the rest as is," but it made all auxiliary colors monochromatic shades of green, making the screen look like a color blindness test chart. This scenario felt very familiar, almost identical to what I encountered in WorkBuddy.
After going around in circles, I had to return to WorkBuddy itself. I reasoned that since it claims to handle documents and PPTs, writing the brand color into the instructions should ensure compliance. The first attempt had very detailed requirements, specifying that the primary color on all pages must use a certain CMYK value. It agreed, but the first version gave me fluorescent orange titles. I added another instruction stating this color was a baseline and could not be changed on any page. The second attempt respected the primary color, but the chart auxiliary colors turned into monochromatic shades again.
The most absurd part was finding a "Custom Color Scheme" option in the settings. Excitedly clicking in, I discovered it only allowed selecting preset palettes and didn't let you input color codes. If I wanted to lock a specific color, it didn't even leave me an entry point.
At this point, I've tried n8n, Zapier, Power Automate, and ChatSlide, and WorkBuddy itself offers no tricks. If you're still going to say my "method of opening it is wrong," please tell me what the right way is? Or does this tool simply not intend to support brand color locking? My request isn't unreasonable; I just want one color to stay put.
Physix Frontier