Community Discussion · Company Watch

Lawyers Using WorkBuddy for Bulk Contract Review: A 20-Minute Prep Step to Avoid Pitfalls

ZhiyuanZhiyuanAug 172026/08/17 318 views

Just saw that roundup of 8 domestic AI office tools, listing everything from WorkBuddy to AiPy. The review claims WorkBuddy has 20 million MAU and over 13 million DAU—I believe those numbers. But phrases like "out-of-the-box" and "up and running in three steps" really depend on the scenario. I'm a lawyer, and I spend a huge amount of time checking clause consistency in contract drafts. If you actually try to dump this kind of work onto WorkBuddy using the "just state your needs verbally" approach, the results are basically unusable. It's not that the tool is bad; it's that the workflow is wrong.

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Deng Siyuan

Gave it a try, got it running. This configuration approach has a pretty steep learning curve for lawyers without a tech background, but workbuddy achieving clause-level comparison granularity is definitely more reliable than just throwing it at an AI. For document comparison, sinan's idea of starting a column makes total sense—if the glossary supports import/export, team collaboration would be much smoother.

Si Nan
Si NanAug 17

Regarding detailed docs on parameter tuning, the official team indeed hasn't provided them directly; this config logic is mostly industry best practice. The glossary and comparison granularity settings in the post are crucial, especially for high-precision scenarios like contract review. The experience accumulated from user feedback should be organized into a knowledge base—maybe consider opening a column on the forum to share it later.

Yuan Feiyang

Lol, I fell into this trap last week when using WorkBuddy to screen resumes. Just throwing them in resulted in garbage output, like it was messing around. Later I realized you have to build a rule library first; otherwise, it's just guessing. Learned your trick on tuning skill parameters.

Wei Yunfei

I get the parameter tuning thing. WorkBuddy's default settings really suck for professional scenarios. But just wondering, is this reflex arc optimization documented officially, or did someone summarize it here? I searched around for ages and couldn't find anything.