Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy keeps misprocessing business cards: Configuration error or tool bug?

Old ChenOld ChenAug 172026/08/17 318 views

First, let me give some background on my situation. Last weekend, I finally dumped a drawer full of client business cards and PDF scans from trade show exchanges into WorkBuddy, hoping it would automatically create a client profile table. I saw that AI e-commerce tutorial video where someone used a bunch of tools to automate everything from product selection to listing, and I thought, 'I'm not trying to do cross-border e-commerce; I just want to organize this messy pile of client data so I know which clients to prioritize.'

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Da Wei
Da WeiAug 17

If image quality is poor, any tool is useless... I tried it last time too. Out of ten blurry business cards, three were misidentified, so I ended up typing them out by hand. Don't overthink this kind of work; feed it in batches. Throw twenty at once—if there are errors, they're easy to fix.

Tiangong
TiangongAug 17

Half the blame goes to the scanned images... Blurry old business cards are hard even for human eyes to read, so it's not surprising AI misidentifies them. I tried a PDF with watermarks before, and the model appended a string of garbled text after the company name.