Community Discussion · Policy

Before using AI, learn to verify its answers

Mo MoMo MoAug 172026/08/17 331 views

A friend recommended an article to me about AI's "capability gap" and "judgment gap." The gist is: AI produces output much faster than we can judge its quality. You ask AI to write a market analysis in ten minutes, and it does so quickly and smoothly, but do you have the ability to spot which conclusions are wrong? That's the problem.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Early Investor

This point hits home... Last week I used AI for data cleaning, and it generated a set of beautifully formatted tables. I almost took them straight to use, but then I randomly spot-checked two entries, and they were all wrong. Not formatting errors, but value errors. Beginners are more likely to let their guard down when they see neatly arranged tables.