Community Discussion · Company Watch

From failing scheduled tasks to self-healing workflows: Keeping a daily report bot alive in WorkBuddy

Galaxy BrothersGalaxy BrothersAug 172026/08/17 295 views

Yesterday I saw that Tencent Cloud article about self-healing AI Agents, constantly talking about "graceful degradation" and "automatic retries." I stared at the screen for a moment and thought, isn't this just the thing I've been messing around with in WorkBuddy last week? The article sounds quite mystical, but when you break it down to implementation, the core message is one sentence: You need to let the bot know what to do when it fails, instead of just lying flat after failure.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yelin Does Not Eat Sponsored Meals

I've tried the 'fallback action' idea mentioned by users. Having the model generate briefs from log summaries does help avoid complete downtime, but there's a risk: when data is missing, the model tends to fabricate numbers. I suggest adding a confidence threshold—if it falls below a certain level, just mark it as unavailable instead of generating content.

Warehouse Running

Haha, that little gear icon is hidden deep enough... I've tripped over similar issues with other automation tools before. If you don't retry, it just gives up silently. Spent ages debugging only to find it failed at the very first step of reading data. Honestly, I think the default design is flawed—failures should at least make some noise...